Wednesday 7 October 2009

Kramer Triax

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Someone just shelled out $3,500 for this Kramer Triax on eBay. I never really got Kramers and could never see what all the fuss was about, but I know that there are some pretty rabid Kramer fans out there with huge collections. Yeah yeah, I know Eddie Van Halen used to use them in the 1980s, but so what? They just never appealed to me. I thought the original aluminium-necked guitars and basses were interesting but after that I kind of lost interest. (Kramer fans, you are welcome to respond and tell us why you love them. I'm open to hearing your side of the story.)

Anyway, this Triax... What's the deal with the shape? It looks like a Klingon spaceship from out of Star Trek. Or something. I can't imagine it fares very well in the ergonomics department, and that headstock design is just silly. Isn't it?

I guess it's just the designer having some fun. And why not? We like wacky guitars here on this blog!

Anyway, for those who want to know about the guitar, it's from 1986, is Floyd Rose equipped as was de rigueur in those days, and apparently only about 10 of these exist. This particular example is in pristine condition. I can imagine that if used for heavy gigging those outer-body pointy bits would be subject to damage.

G L Wilson

NB: There are a lot of blogs STEALING content and bandwidth. If you read this anywhere else but on guitarz.blogspot.com then you are reading a blog that STEALS content. Please support original bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis